Friday, September 16, 2011

MY ADVENTURE BEGINS (5 September 2011)

Getting up early to make sure that I have everything packed and ready, didn't seem to add to the exciting feeling that comes with a holiday that has finally arrived. I don't lie when I say that I wasn't feeling it. But, one last bye to the dogs, one final mental check that I have everything I need, one last check to make sure that everything at home will be taken care of and a little butterfly flapped it's wings.

The airport brings with it the sense of adventures waiting to happen and stories waiting to be told. My adventure was about to begin.

A fully booked flight meant that my 11 hours from Cape Town to Kuala Lumpur was spent at the back of the plane. Thankfully an aisle seat, but in the the last section of cattle class (aka economy class). I sat next to a couple from "some place in Asia whose name I couldn't make out after asking 3 times". They offered breath mints ... that one made me blow in my hand and sniff. Very friendly folk who had been on a 6 day visit to South Africa.

Low of the flight - there was sniffing and snorting of epic proportions. It's my absolute pet hate ... the nostril clearing kind of snort. Besides that, and the gent who kept standing in the aisle with his ass in my face ... three loud coughs each time he did it, finally got the message through to him ... the flight was uneventful, with a little bit of turbulence here and there. True to form I may have slept for the sum total of 1 hour. But I watched movies. Oh, and not to forget the fact that I got to watch a toddler projectile vomit her chicken noodle breakfast into a cup. That was definitely the highlight of my flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment